In 1834 the Convent of Santo António dos Capuchos ceased to exist in this place, but the Park Aquilino Ribeiro has kept the imposing oak trees (Quercus spp.) that dominate the park and used to belong to the ancient woods, chestnut trees, white poplars (Populus alba), magnolias (Magnolia grandiflora), stone pines, plane trees and lime trees (Tilia cordata), offering shade to the Capuchos friars.
The project of the landscape architect Facco Vianna Barreto has valued the Park in the beginning of the 21st century. He was also in charge of the original renovation project in 1954. Now there is a sensory garden with Braille characters, allowing blind people to touch, smell and feel the flowers. The Park became more romantic and peaceful.
Inside the park we can find the Baroque Church of the Third Order of St. Francis and the 16th century Chapel of Nossa Senhora das Vitórias.