Skip to content

Carmo Church

Carmo Convent, created in 1613 by the Barefoot Carmelites Friars, was known mainly because of its educational function when the College of Philosophy was installed in it.
Continue reading

Carmo Convent, created in 1613 by the Barefoot Carmelites Friars, was known mainly because of its educational function when the College of Philosophy was installed in it. The building follows the construction rules of the Carmelite Order, and in its interior we can highlight the retables in gilded wood and the tile frames which stand out in its mannerist stone structure.

Carmo Church

Padres Carmelitas Descalços
Rua do Carmo, 16
3800-127 Aveiro
+351 234 422 319
aveiro@carmelitas.pt
www.carmelitas.pt/site/conventos/aveiro_index.php
Share this page